LOOK Twitter loves the Colts orangutan d

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2023-6-7 12:52:55 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
After struggling in the draft over the past few years, the decided to try something drastically different in 2017: They let an orangutan  Joey Votto Jersey make their picks during the fourth round of the NFL Draft on Saturday.To be fair, Rocky the orangutan didn't actually decide who the Colts were taking. He just "announced" their picks on air in what will likely go down as the most entertaining moment in television history.The Colts' first pick on Saturday was the 137th overall pick, and Rocky was ready when the NFL Network cut to him to make the pick.  I don't think Zach Banner envisioned himself being selected by an Orangutan.   NFL Now (@NFLNow)  Harambe would be proud.As things stand, offensive lineman is now going to go down in history as the first draft pick to have his same selected by an orangutan.  After Rocky made the pick, Twitter was thrilled to see that the Colts were trying a new strategy in their war room.  That monkey may be the best Colts GM in years. Scott Mexico (@SCompton72)    That ape just helped the Colts' draft more than Ryan Grigson ever did. Jeff Howe (@jeffphowe)    Orangutan >>> Colts front office tbh  #AnythingIsMOSSible (@fearthe_beard11)    Well, there's the proof that a monkey can draft players as well as anybody in the Colts' front office...... Kevin Neary (@kneary22)  Others weren't sold on the Colts' new strategy of letting an orangutan make their picks.  Bold move by the Colts letting an orangutan make their draft picks. Bill Laimbeer (@toodamnslick)    And the next head coach for the is... ORANGUTAN!  Ryan (@youngtheryan)  As it Cincinnati Reds Jersey  turned out, Rocky was so good at his job that the Colts let him finished up the fourth round by announcing two more picks. running back and Albany State defensive  Derek Dietrich Jersey tackle Grover Stewart also had their names "called" by Rocky.  Although Rocky seemed to be a hit with some fans, NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock sounds like he never wants to see an orangutan announce a draft pick ever again."If we're going back to the zoo, I'm walking off the desk. I've about had it with the zoo," Mayock said on-air, which probably hurt Rocky's feelings. "Enough. I mean, is this good TV?"The answer to that question is, yes, Mike, and it's not just good TV, it's great TV. There's no other event in the world where you can watch an orangutan make multiple draft picks for a profe sional sports franchise.  For the record, Mayock's i sue was that Rocky's appearance on the draft show would overshadow the picks he was making."It's a big day for Grover Stewart, and rather than talking about that chimp, let's get back to some football here. It Anthony DeSclafani Jersey 's a big day for him," Mayock said.Here are several fans who disagree with Mayock, and who thought that Rocky the orangutan was one of the best parts of the draft.    this orangutan announcing the colts' picks is very entertaining bri  (@prettygirImp3)    The best part of day three of the NFL Draft, the orangutan making picks for the .   Frankie Merrick (@FrankieThaTiger)  Even this fan was impre sed:   we need an orangutan- the have changed the game. jacqueline (@heyjdey)   and fans also seemed slightly jealous that their teams didn't think of using an orangutan.  The employed an orangutan to make their 2017 picks. And he's still doing better than the .  Jake Reid (@JakeAReid)    Colts orangutan draft picks > Browns draft picks Greg McManus (@GregMcLNK)  By the way, if you saw the look on Rocky's face while he made those picks and thought for a second, "I've seen that look" before, you have.  The longing in that Orangutan's eyes to be free was palpable. We've seen a similar look from Andrew Luck.  Marcos Esteves Tony Perez Jersey  (@Mr_Besteves)  Anyway, if Rocky's three picks end up working out for the Colts, that raises one big question:    If the picks develop, could we see the end of GM's and scouting departments everywhere?  NHL Ready (@HockeyCoach01)  Could a team that's run with only zoo animals in its front office beat the Bears? That's a fair question.Oh, and if you're wondering how Rocky got so smart, here's your answer:  How Rocky the orangutan is giving us clues to human speech |  jacqueline (@heyjdey)
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|DiscuzX

GMT+8, 2024-10-18 14:27 , Processed in 0.049076 second(s), 18 queries .