Johnny Manziel Doesnt hate Coach Pettine

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2023-6-7 13:03:45 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
It's probably fair to characterize the relationship Andre Ethier Jersey  between coach Mike Pettine and second-year quarterback as tenuous, at least earlier this season. But Manziel, who is again the starting quarterback after losing the gig following an off-field incident, says he doesn't hold any grudges against Pettine."Absolutely (I respect him),'' Manziel, via . "He's our head coach. I have a ton of respect for him and like I said earlier in the year when everything happened, whether I liked the situation or not and liked the outcome of what happened, I had a part in that too and I had to take responsibility and own up to that. It was on nobody else but me.''What happened was this: Manziel played well enough against the Steelers for Pettine to name him the starter. But during the team's Fernando Valenzuela Jersey  bye week, Manziel, who spent 10 weeks in a rehab facility earlier this year, was photographed partying in an Austin, Texas, bar. Exacerbating matters; Manziel lied to Pettine about it and the coach subsequently suspended him."It wasn't coach Pettine's fault that I did what I did,'' Manziel said. "It was just on my end taking responsibility and there's no grudges, there's no hate or anything like that. He's our head coach and our leader and I definitely have a respect for him and that's not going to change -- no matter what.''Pettine didn't sound surprised by Manziel's remarks.  "It just reinforces what I've said all along from a personal standpoint, (Manziel) and I get along very well,'' the coach said. "If you just eliminate that incident where I felt like I was doing my job and  Clayton Kershaw Jersey doing what was best for the team -- and doing what was best for him -- and hopefully he respects that but I also know that from an interaction standpoint, when he's here, I have a ton of respect for him  Maury Wills Jersey because of A) what he's gone through personally and B) how he has earned the respect of the guys around him.''Manziel also wants the coaching staff to be retained, even though the reality of a 3-11 record -- and the team's history of turnover -- suggests that there could be new names and faces to learn."I want these guys to be here next year," Manziel said. "I want to have these receivers and the people that we have on this roster on the staff, so we can Cody Bellinger Jersey  go through the spring and not have to learn what this call is and this play and be able to go through a spring and have some of the continuity. ... So it definitely would be a luxury for sure.''We've said it before but Browns owner Jimmy Haslam was previously a minority owner with the Steelers. You'd like to think he learned something about the importance of stability from his time there. And maybe he finally has. But Haslam's first three years in Cleveland suggest otherwise.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|DiscuzX

GMT+8, 2024-9-17 03:12 , Processed in 0.056756 second(s), 18 queries .