Mike Pettine Lets make damn sure changes

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2023-6-7 12:39:36 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
The are 2-10. They're 9-19 in the Mike Pettine era, which began last season and will  Mark Grace Jersey likely end in a few weeks. Since 2008, the team has had five coaches and is averaging 4.9 wins. So perhaps you wouldn't be surprised to learn that dysfunction reigns for an outfit that last went to the playoffs in 2002.The latest from SportsLineThe latest: Pettine revealed Monday that not everyone in the organization is on the same page -- or in the same library -- and that must change if the Browns hope to be anything other than NFL laughingstocks."We have to be brutally honest with ourselves and brutally honest not just looking in the mirror but to other parts of the building as well because if you're going to be succe sful, your building has to be unified,'' Pettine said during his pre s conference, via . "That's a  Anthony Rizzo Jersey big part of it. That's where the plan starts, and that to me hopefully will drive what changes need to be made."Sometimes you fall into the trap of 'let's just make change.' Well, let's make damn sure the changes we're making are the right ones that are going to get this ship turned and headed in the right direction."  Pettine didn't offer specifics, but it's easy to imagine that owner Jimmy Haslam, general manager Ray Farmer and the coaching staff are all reading from different scripts.So is the organization unified?"It's hard to be at this point," Pettine conceded. "It's human nature. When things don't go well, everybody has a tendency to kind of bunker in and get into that mode. I think we all want what's best for the Cleveland Browns. we all have ideas on how to get it done, and we need to be collaborative and we need to make sure that we're picking the best ideas and pushing those agendas moving forward."I can't sit here and say, 'Absolutely, we're all on board, 100 percent.' That's not reality because when things don't go well, everybody has their opinions and their reasons why, but it's going to come down to a brutal self-a se sment and to be able to have the strength to make tough decisions and  Chicago Cubs Jersey trust them and move forward.''  One of the sticking points could be how Pettine has managed quarterback , the team's 2014 first-round pick who was named starter last month only to have the offer rescinded days later after Manziel was seen partying during the Browns' bye week and then lied to Pettine about it. But again, the coach didn't offer specifics about the different factions inside the organization that needed unifying. Instead, he offered an overview of why nothing seems to work."It begins with a detailed evaluation of everything we do, because the knee-jerk reaction when things don't go well is that everything's wrong,'' Pettine said. "We've got to figure out what are the exact problems first. It's hard to fix something when you haven't pinpointed it exactly. ...we have to be very accurate in identifying here's what we're doing well, here's what we're not doing well.''As it stands, the Browns' record accurately reflects their ineptitude on both sides of the ball. But rest a sured it's not from lack Victor Caratini Jersey  of effort.  "For people to question the want-to and the pa sion to get it fixed -- we're upset with it. Maybe I don't show it outwardly -- that's not my personality. I don't know whether people want me to start  Kosuke Fukudome Jersey flipping out on the sidelines."We know what it's supposed to look like and it's frustrating for a variety of reasons why we can't get it there, but as I said before, we have a plan to get it fixed. That plan is based on simple things: pa sion, hard work, rolling up our sleeves. We're going to use this time. We're going to use this time to find out who is in with us to get that fixed and who potentially isn't."While we understand Pettine's frustration, the reality is that this team will probably look completely different by training camp. It's the way the Browns do busine s and there's no reason to think they've suddenly come to their senses.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|DiscuzX

GMT+8, 2024-9-17 04:33 , Processed in 0.044769 second(s), 18 queries .