Tom Brady says receiver Julian Edelman i

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2023-6-7 13:09:41 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Earlier this week, with the news that the could be without quarterback , , rookie third-rounder . The Patriots are currently Tom Brady-le s for the first month of the season because ... well, we're still not certain, though the NFL will Marc-Edouard Vlasic Jersey  tell you it's . In Brady's absence, the plan was to start Garoppolo, and for six quarters, things couldn't have gone better. The third-year quarterback went into Arizona and helped beat the in Week 1, and he was lighting up the last Sunday before he was sidelined with a shoulder injury. And while coach Bill Belichick won't rule Garoppolo out for Thursday's get-together with the , it's looking like Bri sett will make his first NFL start. "Jacoby's done a great job  Tomas Hertl Jersey taking advantage of his opportunity," Brady said Monday in a . "He went in there Sunday and showed a lot of poise. ... I know our coaching staff will have him prepared and ready to go if he's called upon."   So now the question becomes, ? With Brady out, the Patriots only have two quarterbacks on the roster, and it doesn't look like they'll sign anyone, even if Garoppolo doesn't dre s this week. Should, God forbid, Bri sett go down, the next man up would be ... wide receiver , who played quarterback at Kent State. "If Bri sett is injured I'd expect Julian to go in there and the coaches to be comfortable with the plays they're calling for him," Brady said. "He still talks about that touchdown pa s he threw against Baltimore a few years ago." Ah yes, that touchdown, which game in a playoff game against the in January of 2015:   New England overcame a 14-point deficit to beat Baltimore, and after the game Brady had this to say about Edelman's quarterbackin' skills: "He throws it better than I did. He spun it. It was a perfect spiral right in stride. I've gotta make some rules that he can't throw it better than I can, but he did. It was pretty sweet." Belichick was le s effusive: "The double pa s? We pa sed it to Edelman, Joel Ward Jersey  and Edelman pa sed it to Amendola."That lack of enthusiasm continues (shocking, we know); Belichick was asked about Julian Edleman, NFL quarterback, on  David Schlemko Jersey Wednesday:  Bill Belichick pre s conference transcripts are my favorite thing in the world.  Will Brinson (@WillBrinson)  So what was Edelman, college quarterback, like? Before enrolling at Kent State, he spent a year at the College of San Mateo, where he threw for 1,312 yards and 14 touchdowns and rushed for another 1,235 yards and 17 scores. Then, in three seasons at Kent State (31 games), he threw for 4,997 yards, 30 touchdowns and 31 interceptions, and rushed for 2,483 yards and 22 touchdowns. Edelman was never considered an NFL quarterback prospect, but his size and speed drew comparisons to Antwaan Randle El, the former Hoosiers pa ser who excelled as a slot receiver in Pittsburgh and Washington. In fact, Edelman's scouting report included terms like "too small, unconventional," "position: undetermined," "unknown as wide receiver," "perhaps  Joe Pavelski Jersey just a camp arm to give wide receivers more work," and "unlikely Edelman is being brought to New England to make an impact." Given how well Garoppolo played with Brady on forced vacation, we fully expect Bri sett to do the same. And if it comes down to Edelman getting snaps, there's little reason to believe he won't be succe sful too. In fact, we wouldn't be surprised if Belichick stepped on the field and threw for 300 yards and a couple touchdowns.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|DiscuzX

GMT+8, 2024-9-17 04:43 , Processed in 0.048813 second(s), 18 queries .